8th November 2017 (London) – Registration FULL
About the Course
Do you want to help trainees be the very best they can?
Recognising and Approving Trainers (GMC) requires T&O trainers to be “trained and calibrated” in workplace based assessments (WBA). More importantly, our trainees deserve the best training we can manage. After all someone took the trouble to train us.
Clinical supervisors need only attend the morning session, but assigned educational supervisors should attend the whole day. At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Engage in relevant aspects of the T&O curriculum
- Maximise opportunities for teaching and assessing in T&O practice
- Make the best use of T&O workplace based assessment tools
- Provide constructive feedback relating to progress in practice
- Identify trainees in difficulty and enlist appropriate help
- Integrate an understanding of the T&O ARCP and examinations process
The programme will be facilitated Lisa Hadfield-Law, the BOA educational advisor.
You will be asked to complete a short piece of work prior to your course, using the BOA template at: reflection.boa.ac.uk
For the 8th November 2017 course please ensure your work is submitted by Wednesday 1st November 2017
This will help us access:
- Problems T&O trainers face
- Skill levels at reflective writing
We have made every attempt to keep the course fee to the minimum and will hold the programme at the BOA. The course fee is £69.
Fees are due and payable at the time of registration. Please note that once a place is confirmed, there is a no-refund policy.