In 2012, the BOA published its research strategy ‘Improving mobility’, led by Professor Joe Dias; this is available to download.
We asked six questions of our membership with an interest in research:
- Why is Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery not better represented in the national funding of research either from the Medical Research Council, the National Institute for Health Research, or Non-Government streams?
- Where do we see UK T&O research by 2018?
- What are the barriers to us achieving this?
- How can we overcome these barriers?
- What are the three main research Questions we can address as an orthopaedic community over the next 5 years?
- Which of these would you personally be most interested in working on?
This led to the development of our 10 research objectives that will guide our future research strategy development.