Innovation in Simulation Award
Each year, the BOA offers an award for excellence in simulation innovation.
**Applications for 2017 are now open and will close 12th May 2017**
Candidates are required to create a form of simulator/simulation which replicates for training purposes one teachable component of trauma and orthopaedic surgery. The simulator/simulation will include all essential steps, and preferably as many different teachable components as possible.
Successful applicants will present their simulator/simulation during the “Innovation in Simulation” session at the BOA Congress in Liverpool. The winning team/individual will be announced at the “Awards and Prizes 2017” session at the Congress.
The award is open to all trainers and trainees.
Submissions must include costings and images of the simulator.
When short-listing the panel will be looking for the following:
- Ideally the simulator/simulation will be low cost and low tech – high tech simulators/simulations will be considered if the simulator/simulation is of high quality and has high educational value
- East of use, maintenance and storage will be reviewed
- Ability to upgrade equipment or use for multiple tasks
- Technical skill and knowledge
- Partnership and team working
- Use of an assessment tool
- Evidence of research/feedback, which demonstrates the simulators/simulations effectiveness
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.