Poster Presentation 2021
The theme for the BOA Annual Congress 2021 is ‘Tackling Infection. We were extremely pleased with the caliber and volume of abstract submissions we had for this year's virtual Congress. We have 21 topics including General Orthopaedics, Education, Paediatrics, Developing World Orthopaedics and COVID-19. The highest scoring abstract posters are published on this page.
(40) The Benefits of Education in Trauma Radiology for Foundation Doctors Working in a Regional Major Trauma Centre: A Multi-Departmental, Regional Quality Improvement Project
(804) Can a Patient Focussed, and Procedure Specific Risk Calculator Predict Complications Post Total Knee Arthroplasty?
(1021) The trauma meeting – encouraging educational value for all trainees
(1172) Improving Trauma and Orthopaedic education for future doctors: A Quality Improvement Project
(737) Trauma Teams: How Can a Change in Work Pattern Impact Training?
(515) The Incidence and Risk Factors for Development of Post-Operative Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) in Neck of Femur (NOF) Patients.
(574) Medium Term Survivorship of Cannulated Hip Screws for Undisplaced Intra-Capsular Fractures in Patients Over 60 Years Old With Minimum 5 Year Follow-Up.
(223) Are The Outcomes of Total Hip Arthroplasty For Hip Fractures Comparable With Matched Elective Cohort ? A Prospective Study
(607) Cement-in-cement versus uncemented modular stem revision for Vancouver B2 periprosthetic fractures
(153) Uncemented Total Hip Arthroplasty can be used safely in the elderly population
(697) Mortality following fractured neck of femur in the peri -entenarian population
(830) Survivorship of the dual mobility construct in primary total hip arthroplasty. A systematic review and meta-analysis including joint registry data.
(940) Outcomes From Ostechondral Defect Fixation with Bio-Absorbable Devices
(905) Accuracy Of Digital Templating In Total Knee Arthroplasty And The Impact Of Level Of Training On Templating Precision
(417) A Prospective Comparative Study between Synovial Joint Biomarkers IL-1Beta, TNF-Alfa Estimation Before Treatment by Arthroscopic Drilling plus Stem Cell Therapy versus Post Therapeutic Estimation of Knee Joint OA grade II, III, a Clinical study for 2 years
(415) Comparative Evaluation of Orthobiology Ozonized PRP Platelet Rich Plasma-plus Hyaluronate Injection Therapy post Arthroscopic Suturing of Meniscal Degenerative Tear versus Partial Meniscectomy Treatment of Meniscal Tears in Degenerative Knee OA Follow up
(606) Safety and performance of the JOURNEY II Cruciate Retaining Total Knee System: A prospective, multicenter study
(844) Total knee arthroplasty: Quality assurance and improved longevity costs less
(573) The Effect of Different Alignment Philosophies on Femoral Rotation in Total Knee Arthroplasty; Results from a Randomised Controlled Trial
(576) Early Muscle and Functional Recovery following Robotic-Assisted Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty
(324) Evaluation of PROMIS CAT Mobility Physical Function Score in the follow up of Perthes’ disease and Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
(1007) MRI for Paediatric Flat Foot: Is it Justified?
(728) Biomechanical assessment of paediatric supracondylar humeral fracture fixation constructs; posterolateral Gartland 3 fractures require special consideration
(865) Tibialis Anterior Transfer for Dynamic Supination in Club Foot treatment using a Bone Anchor: Short term follow-up.
(89) - A quality improvement project to improve induction of new SHOs into orthopaedic surgery.
(173) England’s first national weekly diabetic foot virtual multidisciplinary team meeting – the King’s Collage Hospital experience
(178) Setting A Standard For Post-operative Care Documentation In Orthopaedic Polytrauma At A Major Trauma Centre (MTC)
(362) The Use of Opioid Analgesia following Ambulatory Orthopaedic Trauma in Scotland: A National Cohort Study.
(657) The Changing Face of Orthopaedic Trauma Services: A City Wide Experience
(540) Edmonton Frail Scale in elective total hip and knee arthroplasty: a predictor for increased length of stay
(840) Cost analysis and outcomes of management of 5th metatarsal base fractures in a Virtual Fracture Clinic Model.
(1112) Scoring of Peri-Operative Radiographs in Trauma Surgery. An Important Quality Assurance Tool and Call for National Standards on Scoring.
(839) Implementation of a Complex Revision Hip Proforma at a District GeneralHospital in London reduces outpatient clinic appointment time.
(693) Fulcrum bending radiographs give superior results to lateral bending radiographs for surgical planning in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.
(188) Monitoring of lumbar spine kinematics after microdiscectomy with the use of wearable sensors. A path to recognize possible recurrence kinematic factors.
(548) Post-void bladder scanning in the assessment of patients with suspected Cauda Equina Syndrome: single centre experience during the Covid-19 pandemic