Poster Presentation 2022
The 2022 BOA Annual Congress will take place on 20th - 23rd September around the theme of ‘Technology, Data and Recovery’, with four days of lectures, debates and discussions including three days of exhibition being held at the ICC, Birmingham.
Foot and Ankle
(384) Is the diagnosis of 5th metatarsal fracture type consistent? An inter-observer reliability study
(387) Does a 1st metatarsophalangeal fusion in a patient with pes planus improve the pes planus deformity? A retrospective case series
(417) Assessing the Coronal plane deformity in Charcot Marie Tooth Cavovarus feet using 3D automatic software
(801) A novel method of percutaneous fixation of the posterior malleolus using posterior-to-anterior lag screws - a cadaveric study
(169) Enhanced radiation protection to reduce breast cancer in female orthopaedic surgeons
(218) Is there a correlation between morbid obesity and increased risk of Venous Thrombo Embolism after total joint arthroplasty
(457) Burnout in female orthopaedic surgeons
(503) Hydraulic Force Load Transmission In Loaded Joints
(103) Outcomes following staged bilateral total hip replacement. Does first side surgery predict the second?
(104) When can Uncemented Total Hip Arthroplasty be used safely? (A Prospective 10 years study of 1079 case series)
(536) Comparison of TFMT Femoral Stems in Revision Hip Arthroplasty
(796) Experience of The Lubinus SPII Femoral Stem in a Single UK Centre Excellent Survivorship, Low Dislocation and Negligible Periprosthetic Fracture Rates up to 15 years Following Primary THA
(116) Cauda Equina Syndrome: Red flags and Referrals
(162) Operating room waste management: A case study of primary hip operations at a leading NHS hospital in the United Kingdom
(238) Osteoporotic Vertebral Fractures – are we treating the actual problem?
(471) Determination of red cell transfusion incidence in lower limb arthroplasty: can a predictive tool reduce such incidences?
(439) Risk Factors Listed on Fracture Neck of Femur Consent Forms – Do We Truly Have Informed Consent?
(480) The provision of a trauma bed in theatre recovery and its impact on trauma theatre efficiency. A local quality improvement project
(770) Fracture Related Infection (FRI) - A QIP on Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust’s adherence to BOAST recommendations
(822) Wrong site spinal injections, not on my watch!
(829) Does the implementation of national BESS guidance on first time traumatic shoulder instability lead to improved outcomes?
Shoulder and Elbow
(305) Operative vs non-operative management of mild cervical spondylotic myelopathy: a systematic review
(425) Double-rod vs Single rod Instrumentation For the Correction of Neuromuscular Scoliosis (NMS)
(492) Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Has High Prevalence of Negative Sagittal Balance: Anteversion of Pelvis Used to Decrease Lumbar Lordosis to Compensate for Loss of Thoracic Kyphosis
(656) Spine Hub and Spoke Model: A Questionnaire-based study
Technology, Data & Recovery
(412) Trends in average waiting time for arthroplasty from 1998-2021: An observational study of 252,376 patients from the Scottish Arthroplasty Project Database
(795) Assessing pre-operative lower limb coronal alignment in the setting of knee arthroplasty: a comparison of weightbearing HKA radiographs with intraoperative assessment using CT-based navigation
(94) The management of open fractures at population level – are we hitting the targets?
(246) Can early operative intervention for ankles fracture reduce inpatient stay at a specialist critical care centre in South-East Wales?
(388) What is the impact of polytrauma on orthopaedic and intensive care workload? A single centre category one major trauma centre experience
(389) Contemporary Open Fracture Classification Systems: The Good, The Bad and The Uncertain?
(390) Elderly Open Lower Limb Trauma: How to Salvage the Unsalvagable
(541) Re-operation and complication rates in acute lower limb amputations secondary to trauma
(597) The management of open ankle fragility fractures : a review of practice across two UK major trauma centres
(709) Low-dose CT: a safe and effective imaging modality in post-operative pelvic & acetabular fixation