BOA Virtual Ortho Update 2022
Aimed at all levels of trainee and SAS surgeons.
The BOA Update Course will help anyone in trauma and orthopaedics to establish strong foundations for practice and assessment. The course offers the opportunity to access new understanding and support preparation for the FRCS exam.
Recent constraints pressed us to develop a virtual Update programme for 2021 which was so successful that participants have encouraged us to continue. The BOA Ortho Update will take place again virtually on Saturday 8th January 2022. A learning log will be distributed to registered delegate pre-event in December, followed by a virtual session from 9am to 4.30 pm on Saturday 8th January.
A copy of the course programme can be downloaded below.Full Programme - Ortho Update 2022
*Lunch will take place between 13.10 - 13.40
Delegates will be able to participate in Case Based Discussions (CBDs) across a range of critical condition topics, which are essential to their training:
- Compartment syndrome
- Neurovascular injuries
- Painful spine in the child
- Spine trauma
Faculty confirmed: Anand Pillai, Anna Bennett, Ajay Malviya, Alastair Irwin, Ashley Cole, Caroline Hing, Cyrus Jensen, Deepa Bose, Donald Campbell, Hui Ling Kerr, Lee Breakwell, Lyndon Mason, Naomi Davis, Nigel Kiely, Paul Banaskeiwicz, Peter Loughenbury, Simon Hodkinson, Qas Chaudhary, Vish Borse & Zak Chaudhury
Review lectures delivered by expert clinicians on:
- Hands: David Warwick
- Hip: Geraint Thomas
- Knee: Bill Ryan
- Shoulder and elbow: Ronnie Davis
- Foot and ankle: Hiro Tanaka
- Spine: James Tomlinson
- Paediatrics: Fergal Monsell
Networking opportunities will be available at coffee/lunch/afternoon tea.
The cost for the course is BOA members £180 / Non members £260.
By booking onto this course you consent to:
- The use of your work/personal email for distribution of the learning log and communications with the moderator and cohort colleagues
- The use of Zoom for the virtual live sessions required for course attendance
- Sharing any of your own, or others, personal details in any of the above software/programmes is not permitted
- Lisa Hadfield-Law, BOA Education Advisor
- Simon Hodkinson, BOA Honorary Secretary
- Niall Eames, Education Lead for the UKSSB and member of the BOAs Education Committee
Should you have any queries regarding the course, please contact the BOA Events Team on email@example.com