Coping with COVID: Supporting surgeons through the challenges of the Covid eraWATCH THE RECORDING
The next two ‘Coping with COVID’ webinars will focus on the BOA’s core principles of ‘supporting surgeons’ and ‘caring for patients’. Our ‘Caring for patients’ session will follow - details to be announced nearer the time.
The COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on NHS staff and on patients has been totally unprecedented. In the second webinar of the ‘Coping with COVID’ series we will hear from four orthopaedic surgeons who have been exploring and implementing ways of supporting colleagues, and have opportunity for follow-up discussion and questions.
- Deborah Eastwood, Vice President Elect of BOA
- Jonathan Howell, President of BHS
- Showing Acts of Kindness: The Torbay experience of improving departmental morale, a pre-COVID initiative - Raju Ramesh, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Torbay
- Setting up a support system for juniors redeployed due to COVID - Joanna Maggs, Trauma Fellow, Bristol
- Setting up pastoral care and leading on staff wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic - Tony Clayson, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon and Consultant Lead for Staff Wellbeing, Wrightington
- The Burnout Pandemic - Lt Col Ben Caesar, Consultant T&O Surgeon, Brighton
- Q&A from audience