Future of Orthopaedics Conference 2020
Future Orthopaedic Surgeons Conference (FOSC) is an international Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery conference aimed at junior doctors and medical students. Now in its 10th year at the Royal Society of Medicine, FOSC continues to bring the latest updates on orthopaedic training and selection.
There will be a range of talks covering the national selection process, the training pathway, tips to get ahead, and many overviews of the various subspecialties available. The educational objectives will be as follows:
- To prepare yourself for specialty training and a lifelong career in Orthopaedics
- To discover more about each of the Orthopaedic subspecialties
- To gain practical experience in a range of Orthopaedic techniques
- To present your research at an international conference in Orthopaedics
- To improve your CV for Foundation and Core Training applications
Key speakers include:
- Rajarshi Bhattacharya, Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon and Clinical Director of Orthopaedics, Plastics and Major Trauma at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and North West London Major Trauma Centre. He is currently in his 2nd term as President of the Orthopaedic Section of the Royal Society of Medicine, London and acts as an Advisor to the Parliament and Health Ombudsman of UK.
- Professor Briggs, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust (RNOH), chairman of the Federation of Specialist Hospitals and a former president of the British Orthopaedic Association.
- Mr Alex Liddle, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Surgery & Cancer and Clinical Senior Lecturer in Orthopaedics
- Mr Andy Williams, Consultant Knee Surgeon, MB BS FRCS (Orth) FFSEM (UK), Mr Williams specialises in knee problems
- Mr Michael Pearse, Clinical Senior Lecturer and Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Further information can be found via the link below.