Prehabilitation: Principles & Practice for Supporting Patients to Get Fit for Surgery/Treatment
This conference focuses on Prehabilitation – Principles and Practice, and will provide a practical guide to delivering an effective prehabilitation programme, ensuring patients are fit for surgery or treatment. The conference will look at preoperative optimisation of patients fitness and wellbeing through exercise, nutrition and psychological support. The conference will use case studies from cancer treatment, and getting patients fit for surgery to explore the benefits in terms of outcomes and patient care.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to deliver effective prehabilitation
- Learn from outstanding practice in implementing a prehabilitation programme
- Reflect on national developments and learning
- Improve the way we support patients to prepare themselves, physically and emotionally for surgery/treatment
- Develop your skills in integrating Prehabilitation into the Care Pathway
- Learn from case studies in both cancer treatment and preparation for surgery
- Understand how you can improve emotional and psychological support
- Identify key strategies for improving physical activity, exercise and behavior change
Further details can be found below.