VIRTUAL TRAINING ORTHOPAEDIC TRAINERS (V-TOTs)
The Training Orthopaedic Trainers (TOTs) programme aims to improve the standard of teaching for those in trauma and orthopaedic (T&O) training and practice. The underlying premise is that if T&O trainers understand how people learn and how the T&O curriculum works, by translating that understanding into action, they should improve their teaching.
Whilst face-to-face programmes have been suspended, the BOA has created the V-TOTs programme run entirely on line. The first pilot V-TOTs course is running now and we have had significant interest from those wishing to join a future course. If you would like to book onto a future course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the waiting list and contact you as soon as places are available. Those who need to meet imminent CCT requirements will be given priority, but once those needs are met, anyone is welcome to join.
Disclaimer: Please do not book unless you have been approached by the BOA. If you are interested in booking onto a V-TOTs course in the future please email email@example.com and we will add you onto the waiting list and contact you when courses are available for booking.
Please note: The learning materials for this event booking will be available through Microsoft Teams from May 29th onwards; this is the official start date of this event, however, there will be scheduled dates for when the live online learning sessions are to be held. When booking onto the course, please be aware that the live online sessions will be held on different dates (stated below) of which each participant must make themselves available for one of.
- Participants should choose one of the follow dates to be available to partake in the session of live online learning (the content of which is the same for both):
- June 8th 6pm - 9pm
- June 10th 6pm - 9pm
We will use
- Microsoft Teams, Whatsapp (and Zoom if necessary) to achieve learning outcomes through screencasts, activities and a learning log with feedback from the moderator and cohort colleagues
- Zoom for at least one 3-4 hour live session for teaching simulations with feedback, and discussions.
Participants should complete the programme within 3 weeks of the start date.
By booking onto this course you consent to:
- The use of Microsoft Teams, Whatsapp and Zoom for all communication and learning material needs
- Sharing any of your own, or others, personal details in any of the above software/programmes is not permitted