Bootcamp Terms and Conditions
1. Contract information
These are the Terms and Conditions in relation to the courses The British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) provides to you. Please read them carefully. You should not book a place on one of our Courses if you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions. If anything in these Terms and Conditions is unclear please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Course eligibility
The course is only open to BOA members currently at ST3 or ST4. Anyone not meeting these criteria will have their place cancelled and will be refunded.
3. Course cancellation
- By you- If you wish to cancel your place on the course, you must contact the BOA as soon as possible, either by email (email@example.com) or by telephone (020 7405 6507). If you wish to cancel your place on the course more than six weeks before the course start date, you will be entitled to a full refund. However, if you notify us to cancel your place less than six weeks before the course start date, once the course has started or if you fail to notify us at all, you will not receive a refund and will still be charged the total course fee. If you do need to cancel, please contact us at the earliest opportunity.
- By us- If the BOA has to cancel the course after you have booked a place, you will be entitled to a full refund of the initial course fee. However, we will not be responsible for any consequential losses incurred such as travel or accommodation costs.
4. Study Leave
Study leave must be approved by your named AES in advance of the course. The BOA may correspond with your named AES to confirm your attendance or absence from the course.
There is a charge for the course which includes course materials, tuition, refreshments and VAT. You must pay the fee in full before you start the course, otherwise your place will be cancelled. Please check the BOA website for more information.
6. Information provided by you
You must ensure that all of the information you provide in your application is current, correct and fully complete. The BOA has the right to cancel your place on the course if any discrepancies are found.
7. Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance of any of our obligations under these terms and conditions that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, nonoccurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: strikes or other industrial action; civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack; fire, storm, flood or other natural disaster; impossibility of the use of railway, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport or delays in relation to such transport; or impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunication networks. Our obligations under these terms and conditions are suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues and provided that if the Force Majeure Event renders, in our opinion, the event not viable whether from a financial or logistical point of view then we may cancel or postpone the event. If we choose to postpone the event to another date (and/or place) we will offer you the opportunity of attending the alternative event date subject to payment of any increase in the delegate fee or refund if the delegate fee is reduced. If the event is cancelled as a result of a Force Majeure Event we will provide refunds to delegates on the basis of any sums remaining to us after satisfying all our obligations in respect of the cancelled event. You acknowledge that it may be on this basis that no refund is possible.
In order to deliver this course/service, the BOA will need to share information about you with other parties involved in programme. We share the minimum data needed to fulfil the purpose required. This is how we share your information:
- Your name and contact details are provided to the course leader(s), who may contact you before, during and after the course in relation to the running of the course, e.g. logistical arrangements, preparatory work, feedback and follow-up.
- Your name may be provided to other course faculty.
- For courses commissioned through an external provider, your name and contact details are shared with that provider, who may contact you before, during and after the course in relation to the running of the course, e.g. logistical arrangements, preparatory work, feedback and follow-up.
- Payment details may be processed by a third-party, such as PayPal
- For courses held at the BOA offices, your name is provided to the reception staff at our building for the purposes of security and fire safety; for courses held in other locations, your name may be provided to staff at the venue for the purposes of administering the course, security and fire safety.
- Your name may be provided to other course participants.