BOA Clinical Leaders Programme
The BOA National Clinical Leaders Programme (CLP):
- 1 year programme aimed at senior trainees (ST8 or above), newly appointed consultants and SAS surgeons.
- Combination of master classes, tutorials and coaching sessions with experts.
- Significant innovation/ improvement project delivered by each clinical leader for either their Trust or Specialist Society strategic change agenda.
- Facilitated by Hiro Tanaka (Chair BOA Education Committee) and Lisa Hadfield-Law (BOA Education Advisor)
The objectives and outcomes of the CLP Programme
Cost, eligibility and how to apply
Am I eligible?
When the programme runs, you must be either:
- a senior trainee (ST8 or above)
- a newly appointed consultant (less than 3 years)
- an SAS surgeon (FRCS Tr & Orth)
All participants must be BOA members by 1st September 2019 at the latest to be eligible to take part in the programme. Non-orthopaedic participants through BSSH and UKSSB can join as a BOA member under the Affiliate category. More information on joining can be found here.
Any non-members who are confirmed on the programme are expected to make a BOA membership application swiftly after their place is confirmed.
How do I apply?
There are three routes into the programme:
- Fellows recruited by Trusts hosting National Clinical Leader Fellowships
- Specialist society sponsored fellows
- Individual applications (self-funded)
To apply for a Trust-sponsored fellowship please contact the Trust directly or check NHS jobs. Trusts currently recruiting (with various deadlines) are:
- University Hospital of Wales Cardiff
- South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumbria University Hospital
To apply for a Specialist Society sponsored fellowship please download the relevant application form below/follow the link for more information. The deadline for applications via this route is 1st June:
To apply as a self-funded fellow, please use the BOA application form and apply by 1st June at the latest. If all spaces are filled before this time, we reserve the right to close the scheme to further applicants.
The 2019/20 programme is £3,120 (including VAT) which includes all fees, learning materials and day delegate hospitality, but does not cover travel or accommodation.
Please note places on the CLP are limited and will be confirmed after a review of your application and possibly an interview. The BOA require at least 24 participants to run the programme for 2019/20.