Information to help inform and support patients
The links are not exhaustive but are provided to sign post to the wide range of information and support available.
Issues relating to patient safety
Orthopaedic conditions, surgical procedures, complications and recovery
- Versus Arthritis provides information regarding surgery for arthritis, including knee and hip replacements
- Royal Osteoporosis Society provides information regarding surgery for broken hips
- NHS England 'Evidence-based interventions': patient information
- Other resources covering a range of trauma and orthopaedic operations:
Helping patients prepare for surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons - Things to consider before having surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons - Patient diary
Information on health conditions, treatments and your rights as a patient
- NHS Choices
- Musculoskeletal health in the workplace: a toolkit for employers by The Prince's Responsible Business Network
- General Medical Council: information about doctors qualifications, registration and licence to practise, including searchable database of all doctors registered to practise in the UK. This includes information on professional standards and how to raise issues of concern about a doctors’ practise.
- Care Quality Commission: provides information about hospitals across the UK, what standards patients should expect and how to raise concerns.
Publicly available data for different hospitals