BOA Grant Opportunity for UK Clinical Trials Units
The BOA has been working with various partners to develop clinical research infrastructure in T&O surgery across the UK. After five successful years working with the British Orthopaedic Association Surgical Research Centre in York, the BOA is keen to extend this project.
We are seeking applications to establish centrally funded methodological support embedded within one or more existing UKCRC-registered Clinical Trials Units. We are calling for proposals from CTUs experienced in delivering surgical trials. The CTU will be expected to provide multi-disciplinary support to develop study protocols and grant applications in the field of Trauma and Orthopaedics.
Interested applicants should read:
- the full Call for applications, downloadable here;
- the BOA’s terms of conditions of award, downloadable here, which the host Institution would need to accept and abide by.
HOW TO APPLY
There are two deadlines that interested CTUs must meet in order to apply.
- An initial expression of interest will be due by Wednesday 8th January 2020. This should include the name of the CTU and institution, the names of the principal applicant, the names of any co-applicants and a single paragraph of support. Please send your expression of interest to email@example.com.
This information will be used to help us in our planning but does not form part of the assessment process. All those submitting an expression of interest should submit a full application as per the below.
2. Interested CTUs must submit their full application by Tuesday 28th January 2020 providing the following information:
- A letter (up to 2 pages) outlining:
- the suitability and commitment of the CTU for working on the initiative
- what the BOA funding would be used for and how this would deliver the objectives outlined above
- Confirmation from an appropriate administrative authority at the host institution confirming the institution’s acceptance of the terms and conditions of grant award if successful. (These are available online alongside this document.)
- A financial statement indicating the total grant request and proposed 3 year budgetary breakdown of grant (maximum of £40K per annum)
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted by members of the Research Committee with representation from the BOA Executive Group (but excluding any members with a conflict of interest - i.e. those members formally affiliated to applying institutions). Interviews will be held in late March 2020 for the shortlisted applications, which we will expect a senior representative of the CTU to attend. Further details of the interview process will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
To apply, please send all relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.