Candidates are required to create a form of simulator/simulation which replicates for training purposes one teachable component of trauma and orthopaedic surgery. The simulator/simulation will include all essential steps, and preferably as many different teachable components as possible.
Successful applicants will present their simulator/simulation during the “Innovation in Simulation and Education” session at the BOA Congress in Birmingham. The winning team/individual will be announced at the “Awards and Prizes 2018” session at the Congress.
The award is open to all trainers and trainees.
Submissions must include costings and images of the simulator.
When short-listing the panel will be looking for the following:
- Ideally the simulator/simulation will be low cost and low tech – high tech simulators/simulations will be considered if the simulator/simulation is of high quality and has high educational value
- East of use, maintenance and storage will be reviewed
- Ability to upgrade equipment or use for multiple tasks
- Technical skill and knowledge
- Partnership and team working
- Use of an assessment tool
- Evidence of research/feedback, which demonstrates the simulators/simulations effectiveness
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.
Abstract Style Guide
- Abstract Category i.e. Simulation
- Title of abstract [maximum 50 words]
- Names of presenter and co-authors. Contact details of ALL authors to include:
- full name, organisation/institution, city and country, as you would wish it to appear in the completed programme, e-mail, work telephone, mailing address for the submitter and presenting author
- The completed abstract (background, methods, results, costs, conclusion, photos of simulator/simulation) [maximum 300 words] Submissions must include costings and images of the simulator
- Standard font of Calibri 11, single line spacing, no indents
- Submitting authors are responsible for ensuring spelling, grammar, terminology is accurate and all sections (including costs and photos) are included