American-British-Canadian (ABC) Travelling Fellowship
ABC Travelling Fellowship 2024
Members of the British Orthopaedic Association are invited to take part in the ‘American/British/Canadian’ tour of North America and Canada. This prestigious 5-week fellowship is open to applicants who have been an appointed consultant for less than 10 complete years on 1st January 2024. Four BOA-nominated fellows will participate alongside one each from South Africa, New Zealand and Australia.
The UK participants are sponsored by the Bone & Joint Journal, and are required to become a reviewer for the journal.
How do I apply?
- Applications for the 2024 ABC Fellowship are now closed
- Applications must be submitted to [email protected] with the subject line ‘ABC Fellowship Application’
- The application must consist of the following in Word (.doc or .docx) format
- Your CV
- A covering letter that includes:
- BOA membership number
- Date of consultant appointment
- Your subspecialty interest(s)
- Names of two referees who must be BOA Home Fellows
- Answer the question: How do you think you would benefit from receiving the ABC Travelling Fellowship?
By applying for this fellowship, you are confirming that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of the BOA ABC Travelling Fellowship.
Please check that the contact details held on the BOA membership database are correct, as these will be used to contact you regarding your application.
Interviews for short-listed candidates will take place on Tuesday 17th October 2023
ABC Travelling Fellowships
The ABC fellows who traveled in June 2022 created a blog which they updated daily as they trekked across Canada and the USA visiting some of the world’s best orthopaedic centres. Read their blog here.
We were delighted to host the North American Fellows on a three-week tour in autumn 2022, which included the BOA Congress in Birmingham. Read their blog here.