BOA Future Leaders Programme
Applications now closed for the 2020/21 Future Leaders Programme
The BOA’s vision for the Future Leaders Programme is to create an alumni of leaders with the skills and knowledge to improve the delivery of clinical care and to influence positive change within the profession.
This 12-month programme will support 25 T&O surgeons with the passion to be future leaders within their specialty and equip them with the advanced leadership skills necessary to excel. We use the process of building a Quality Improvement Project, as a vehicle to develop these leadership skills.
The BOA Future Leaders Programme (FLP) is:
- A one year programme aimed at senior trainees (ST8 or above), newly appointed consultants, SAS surgeons and post-CCT surgeons.
- A combination of master classes, tutorials and coaching sessions with experts and includes four two day modules.
- A significant innovation/ improvement project delivered by each future leader for either their Trust or Specialist Society strategic change agenda.
- Facilitated by Hiro Tanaka (Vice-Chair BOA Education and Careers Committee) and Lisa Hadfield-Law (BOA Education Advisor)
There are four main application routes to gain a place on the FLP:
- Trust-sponsored Fellows
- Specialist Society Sponsored Fellows
- NEW FOR 2020: BOA-sponsored fellow as part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Individual applications (self-funded)
Please click below for full information about how to apply.
Cost, Venue and Module Dates
The 2020/2021 programme is £3,360 (including VAT) which includes all fees, learning materials and day delegate hospitality, but does not cover travel or accommodation.
Module Venue: Charingworth Manor set in 56 acres of gardens and woodlands is located in the midlands accessible by road and train. The nearest railway station is Moreton in the Marsh.
- 11/12 January 2021
- 23/24 March 2021
- 9/10 June 2021
- 9/10 Sept 2021
Am I eligible?
When the programme runs, you must be either:
- a senior trainee (ST8 or above)
- a newly appointed consultant (less than 3 years)
- an SAS surgeon (FRCS Tr & Orth)
- a post-CCT surgeon
All participants must be BOA members to be eligible to take part in the programme.
Any non-members are expected to apply to become a member and ensure there is sufficient time for this to be processed by no later than 31 October 2020 . If you are a Plastic Surgeon and secure a BSSH funded position on the programme, you will need to become an Associate member of the BOA and your membership fee will be funded by BSSH.