Standards & Guidance
The BOA publishes standards and guidance relating to professional and clinical practice issues within orthopaedics, and champions issues relating to high-quality care and professionalism. In this section you can find:
- BOASTs – BOA Standards for Trauma & Orthopaedics
- Commissioning Guides
- BOA Guidance Documents – covering a range of professional practice and clinical practice issues
- BOA Associated Guidelines – guidelines for which the BOA is not the sole author but has collaborated with other specialty associations or specialist societies
- Consultant Advisory Book – BOA document published 2014
- Medico-legal resources – A selection of guidance documents, videoes and JTO articles on Medico-legal issues.
We also provide our online resources for supporting surgeons – through ‘Orthopodcasts’ on topical issues and guidance/support relating to reflection which are available in this section.
Additionally, you can find out more about our working in promoting quality care for patients:
- Two Quality Improvement projects that the BOA has been involved in (called HipQIP and QIST)
- The BOA’s work with emerging registries, called ‘TORUS’
- Beyond Compliance
- Getting it Right First Time (GIRFT)