2022 SAS Professional Development Programme
The BOA is looking for SAS T&O surgeons to join our brand new online Professional Development Programme in 2022. We want to maximise the untapped potential of this valuable group and help you develop professionally and personally. This will benefit individuals, your T&O services and the hospital where you work.
For the initial pilot we will limit group sizes to achieve the greatest possible interactivity. The price of each session has been set to reflect the developmental nature so we hope it will offer great value for money and an excellent opportunity to network with colleagues across the specialty.
The course will require some preparation in advance of the virtual live sessions to maximise the learning opportunities. This may include reflecting on the portfolio you use, how you would like to develop and any gaps you have identified that need to be filled.
We will use feedback from course participants to grow and develop the programme for the future to adapt and develop to suit your needs.
Sessions will be facilitated by:
- Grey Giddens - Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Bath
- Lisa Hadfield-Law BOA Education Advisor
Additional faculty to be confirmed early 2022
Please note before booking onto the sessions that the learning materials for each session will be available four weeks before the virtual live session date, which will take place on Zoom. Participants should ensure they are able to participate in the virtual live session on the dates below before booking onto the session.
Session One - 7:00pm - 8:15pm 15th February 2022 - Polishing Your Portfolio
- Structure an effective professional portfolio
- Identify your own strengths and gaps
- Formulate a plan for filling those gaps
- Plan a strategy for maintaining your portfolio
Session Two - 7:00pm - 8:15pm 16th March 2022 - Selecting and Engaging with Mentors, Supervisors and Sponsors
- Differentiate between a mentor, coach, supervisor and sponsor
- Locate a mentor/sponsor to support your professional development
- Negotiate a strategy to work with a mentor/sponsor
- Plan how to end the mentoring relationship appropriately
Session Three - 7:00pm - 8:15pm 13th April 2022 - Stepping up to the Training Plate
- Define the role of SAS surgeons as trainers
- Identify strengths and gaps against capabilities of an excellent trainer using the new curriculum
Evaluate options for developing training capabilities
Book Session Three Here
The course fee is £20 for members and £60 for non-members for each session, which are bookable seperately through the links above.
Fees are payable at the time of registration. Your place is only treated as confirmed once payment is received.
By booking onto this course you consent to:
- The use of your work/personal email and Zoom for all communication and learning material needs.
Please note, sharing any of your own, or others, personal details in any of the above software/programmes is not permitted.
Terms and Conditions: By booking onto this course you are confirming that you have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions of the SAS Professional Development Programme.
Our policy team are happy to help you with any queries you may have regarding the course. You can contact us by email at [email protected] or by telephone on 0207 405 6507.