BOA Guidance for IIT adoption onto NIHR Portfolio
This guidance document has been published by the BOA Research Committee, and has the following aims:
- To provide orthopaedic research teams with information about the NIHR portfolio and its benefits in the context of Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs).
- To provide specific information about how to get IITs adopted on to the NIHR portfolio.
- To provide information about how to get IITs costed so that NHS researchers and research teams are appropriately funded for their time and work.
- Paul Baker (R&D Director, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
- Lauren Tough (NIHR Portfolio Adoptions Team, Clinical Research Network NENC)
- Lucksy Kottam (Orthopaedic Trials Manager, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)