Training and Education
The BOA focuses its training and education resources on:
- Anticipation of change in the T&O education and training landscape
- Development of the T&O specialty training curriculum
- Establishment of a T&O undergraduate curriculum
- Exploring simulation opportunities
- Construction and delivery of an annual instructional course, built around a four year FRCS (Tr and Orth) cycle
- Awards of fellowships and prizes
- CESR support for SAS surgeons aspiring to gain entry to the specialist register
- Delivery of trainer, assessor, and leadership training
- Delivery of MSK clinical assessment skills courses for those in Core Training
- Revalidation of T&O surgeons through our annual Congress with a series of clinical and other instructional content geared to a five year cycle
- The development of our e-learning capability for both specialty training and broader revalidation purposes
- Development of Orthopodcasts to support clinicians.
Please use the following links to learn more about each aspect of our training and education resources.