BOA Annual Congress 2020
Thank you everyone who participated in the first BOA Virtual Congress 2020! We would like to especially thank the speakers, sponsors and all those who worked to make it a success. We look forward to seeing you next year.
This years' sessions included, T&O and COVID19; the good, the bad and the future, Howard Steel, Capturing Positive Change - the NHS Change Challenge, Medico Legal Implications of Covid for orthopaedics, The Future of Orthopaedic Training: Diversity and Education, Elective Orthopaedics Re-Start After COVID-19, free paper sessions and more.Download the BOA Virtual Congress 2020 programme schedule.
Please note that the Congress videos are member access only. You will be required to login using your BOA login details to view the contents. If you have any issues please contact the BOA Events Team at email@example.com.
Pre-recorded Revalidation Sessions
All of the pre-recorded sessions are now available online. Sessions include, OTS Hot Topics in Orthopaedic Trauma, WOC Developing World Orthopaedics; What's in it for me?, Carousel - Diversity and Inclusion, BASK Arthroplasty & Adrian Henry Lecture, BESS Acute and chronic tendon problems of the shoulder and elbow, BHS 'Surgical Techniques in Hip Surgery' and 'NICE Guidelines On Primary Joint Replacement', Hunterian Lectureship and more.VIEW THE PRE-RECORDED VIDEOS
Recording of Live Sessions
Take a look at the live session recordings from across the 2020 BOA Virtual Congress. Sessions include, T&O and COVID19; the good, the bad and the future, Howard Steel, Capturing Positive Change - the NHS Change Challenge, Medico Legal Implications of Covid for orthopaedics, The Future of Orthopaedic Training: Diversity and Education, Elective Orthopaedics Re-Start After COVID-19, free paper sessions and more.VIEW THE LIVE SESSION VIDEOS
Best of the Best Abstract
- Andrew Hall - Impact-Scot Report on COVID-19 and Hip Fracture
Medical Student Abstract
- 1st prize - Samuel Michail - Use of virtual reality relaxation videos in wide awake hand and wrist surgery improves patient experience and reduces patient’s pain and anxiety, a cohort study.
- 2nd prize - Moeez Karim - Assessing an undergraduate low back pain teaching programme: medical student understanding of Deyo’s low back pain myths
- 3rd prize - Abokor Mohomed - Poor outcomes following primary total knee replacements (TKR) - an investigation into the reason behind why some perform poorly 1-1.5 years post-TKR
- Hand Category - Rituja Kamble - Proximal interphalangeal joint arthrodesis in the hand: tension band wire vs Apex intramedullary fusion device.
2020 Abstracts and Posters
We were really pleased to have received over 1,500 submissions across the 19 Abstract categories. A full listing of all the accepted Podium and Poster Abstracts can be found below:PODIUM ABSTRACTS POSTER ABSTRACTS
Download the official line on web only abstract publication here.
The BOA would like to thank all of the speakers who helped to make Virtual Congress such a success. A full list of all the speakers can be found below:2020 Speakers
Certificate of Attendance
The decision was taken that for this year only, certificate of attendance will not be issued. However, certificate of participation will only be given to those who had presented an abstract in the live session, along with those who had abstracts published on the BOA website.
The Royal College has issued Congress 50.5 CPDs, however it is up to the individual to prove how they got those points and self-accredit.
The points breakdown is as follows:
- 15th, 16th, 17th - 6 each
- 18th - 5.5
- 21st - 6
- 23rd - 5.5
- 23rd - 6
- 24th - 5.5
- 25th - 4
Thanks to our industry supporters