ATOCP Resources presented at BOA Virtual Congress 2020
Recording of live session 'Robot or not to Robot a TKR - ATOCP Debate' presented at the BOA Virtual Congress Thursday 17 September, 2020
- Dr Becky Kearney, Senior NIHR Fellow award holder and Associate Director of Warwick Clinical Trials Unit
- Mrs Justine Theaker, Justine was responsible for the introduction and implementation of Enhanced Recovery (ER) across all surgical specialties at MFT
- Mr Edward Davis, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon & Honorary Professor, University of Birmingham
- Professor David Beard, Professor of Musculoskeletal & Surgical Science, University of Oxford
- Mr Andy Metcalfe, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon & Associate Professor in Trauma & Orthopaedics, University of Warwick
- Dr Toby Smith, Senior Researcher in Rehabilitation, University of Oxford & Associate Professor in Physiotherapy, University of East Anglia
Pre-recorded content presented at the BOA Virtual Congress 2020
75 Years of T&O Physiotherapy
Chaired by Julie Blackburn, Professional Advisor, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
This session celebrates 75 years of trauma and orthopaedic physiotherapy. The first talk reviews the past 75 years and the development of physiotherapy practice in orthopaedics. The second looks forwards towards the next 75 years and sets out the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy’s perspective.
Managing Frailty in T&O
Chaired by Anthony Gilbert, Clinical Research Physiotherapist, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
This session provides an overview of the management of frailty in trauma and orthopaedics. Professor Goodwin provides an overview of Frailty, assessment and management of frailty and key considerations for rehabilitation professionals and orthopaedic surgeons.
Exercise Adherance in Orthopaedics
Chair of session: Mr Jon Room, Vice Chair ATOCP.
Phillipa Nicolson Centre for Rehabilitation Research in Oxford (RRIO) Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences.
The Future of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery in Orthopaedics and the Role of Physiotherapy
This session covers the future of enhanced recovery after surgery, the role of physiotherapy, rehabilitation and patient information and education prior to surgery.
Tom Wainwright Associate Professor in Orthopaedics, Bournemouth University, UK.