Applications are now open for vacant positions across all committees for three-year positions commencing January 2021.
The BOA has eight posts are available across the following committees: Orthopaedic, Research and Education and Careers. The list of vacancies for each committee and the Terms of Reference can be found below, as well as how to apply.
Education and Careers Committee – 2 vacancies
1x Vice Chair
We would encourage previous and existing members of the Committee to apply. Please see the Terms of Reference and the Chair/Vice Chair Job Description for more details.
1x Lead for Simulation and/or Digital
We are looking for a Home Fellow member with an interest either in simulation or use of digital in education/learning or both (please state your area of interest in your application).
Orthopaedic Committee – 3 vacancies
1 x SAS member
2 x Home Fellow members
Research Committee – 3 vacancies
1 x Chair
For this position, it is expected that the Chair will be an eminent academic orthopaedic surgeon, who is a member of the BOA and has history of support and or contribution to BOA activities e.g. BOA Congress or past/current committee member. For more details please see the Chair/Vice Chair Job Description and the Terms of Reference.
1 x Home Fellow members
1 x SAS member
How to apply
To apply for any position, please send in a CV, covering letter and completed declaration form (Word documents only) to email@example.com by the deadline of 5pm Wednesday 30th September 2020. The covering letter (max 2 pages) should cover:
- What you would bring to the BOA committee
- How you would approach working on a committee
- Why you are interested in the BOA committee position
- The Committee declaration form can be downloaded here. Please note that you need to have two BOA members to propose and second you (with a supporting statement) for the position – we encourage you to ensure you have this organised in good time ahead of the deadline.
- Please ensure it is clear which committee/vacancy you are applying for. You may apply for more than one vacancy but your letter should explain how you would be suitable for each of them.
- Please download the committee member Job Description for more information.
- For Chair/Vice Chair roles, please download the specific Job Description for more information.
The BOA is committed to equality of access to a T&O career and to the services of the Association. As per our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, applications are particularly encouraged from currently under-represented groups in the BOA leadership structures including, but not limited to, women, BAME and LGBTQ+ members.
If you have any questions please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.