UKITE: 4-11 December 2017
BOA membership applications must be submitted by Sunday 15th October if you wish to sit the UKITE this year. Once your application is approved you must complete your subscription payment for 2017 by credit card, bank transfer or cheque by Monday 13th November in order to receive your login details. To process your payment please call 020 7405 6507.
Please note that non-BOA members who wish to sit the UKITE will be charged a fee of £150 and must complete the online application form by Monday 13th November 2017.
The UK and Ireland In-Training Examination (UKITE) has been integrated into the BOA membership since 2014, thereby ensuring continued access to this assessment tool. The UKITE is a national, online examination providing immediate results to trainees and allows practice for the ‘real’ FRCS T&O examination with similar formatted questions based on the UK T&O curriculum.
As well as the UKITE, members receive other benefits of their professional organisation including;
- Free attendance to the BOA Annual Congress
- Free subscription to the Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedics
- Inclusive reduced subscription to the Bone and Joint Journal
- An annual membership handbook, including contact details of your peers
- Reduced rates to the BOA training and educational events
- Reduced rates for professional indemnity, personal insurance, air travel, and academic texts
- Eligibility for Fellowships, Awards and Prizes
- National leadership for excellence in Professional Practice, Training and Education, and Research.
The UKITE is a powerful tool for self-assessment, if you are not currently a member of the BOA please complete the online application here.