Information for BOA members
Please note this guidance is continually being revised to reflect the latest Government position.
The BOA strapline of “Caring for patients, supporting surgeons” has seldom seemed more apposite. In the fast changing circumstances of the past days we have been co-operating with others in producing guidance relevant to Trauma & Orthopaedic surgeons. The guidance and associated documents are naturally in a state of flux but we feel it important to keep colleagues as well informed as possible.
The coronavirus pandemic is unprecedented in recent times, and the UK’s health systems are making changes to respond to this. The BOA has been in active discussions on these issues and have pulled together guidance and information at the links below which we hope you find useful.
- COVID-19 FAQs for surgeons (Updated 02 June 2020)
- General professional issues (Updated 24 April 2020)
- Trainee and TPD issues (Updated 04 May 2020)
- Infection control and prevention relevant to T&O (Updated 03 July 2020)
- Changes for resuming routine T&O (May 2020 onwards, Updated 03 July 2020)
- Changes to prepare for and manage COVID-19 surge (March/April 2020 – archive material)
- List of specialty and subspecialty guidance and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic (Updated 16 June 2020)
- TJTO&C - The Transient Journal of Trauma, Orthopaedics and the Coronavirus (Updated 10 July 2020)
- Patient FAQs (Updated 26 June 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update regarding BOA activities and events (Updated 02 July 2020)