Information for BOA members on trauma and orthopaedic care in the UK during coronavirus pandemic
Please note this guidance is continually being revised to reflect the latest Government position.
The BOA strapline of “Caring for patients, supporting surgeons” has seldom seemed more apposite. In the fast changing circumstances of the past days we have been co-operating with others in producing guidance relevant to Trauma & Orthopaedic surgeons. The guidance and associated documents are naturally in a state of flux but we feel it important to keep colleagues as well informed as possible.
The coronavirus pandemic is unprecedented in recent times, and the UK’s health systems are making changes to respond to this. The BOA has been in active discussions on these issues and have pulled together guidance and information at the links below which we hope you find useful.
- General professional issues (Updated 24 April 2020)
- Trainee and TPD issues (Updated 04 May 2020)
- Infection control and prevention relevant to T&O (Updated 27 April 2020)
- Changes to orthopaedic services during COVID-19 (Updated 15 May 2020)
- List of specialty and subspecialty guidance and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic (Updated 16 April 2020)
- TJTO&C (Updated 20 May 2020)
- Patient FAQs (Updated 01 May 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) update regarding BOA activities and events (Updated 30 April 2020)